Friday, July 30, 2010

Not a Fake Investigator

The Stover Hall Men at the MTC



Wednesday July 28, 2010?
Hey-one last thing (or a couple) I forgot in my e-mail. Dad, what did you end up doing with my savings account? Also I forgot the pin number to my debit card...even though I told mom I wouldn't. Oh well. O yeah and what did everyone decide on switching rooms and beds thing. I had one more thing but I forgot.
Earlier this week we taught one of substitutes as a district, Hermana XXX (names have been changed to protect the innocent). But this wasn't practice. she told us a bunch of things that were going wrong in her life and we asked questions to help us get to know her better. When she left so we could prepare a lesson plan, a feeling of dread filled the roo
m.
She is 28, getting older, wants to get married, just broke up w/her boyfriend w weeks ago and she isn't sure if her educational path is right. Also her parents live in Colombia. it was way scary because she was a real person, not a fake investigator like usual. But as soon as we prayed, the Spirit came. We taught with the Spirit because we had nothing else. We felt real love, because we only wanted what was best for her. It is incredible how God allows us to see others as He does. We are
all His children and He desperately wants all of us back. I can't wait to get to Mexico because I am already starting to love them. We taught her with the Spirit and it went really well. I am constantly amazed at the incredible things we can do with (the) Spirit. I love you guys.
Braden

Elder Ostler, Elder Nelson, Elder Sontag, Elder Young Elder Travis Tingey and Elder Nelson

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 ?
Dear Melissa,
Hey! How has your week been? Have you ready any books lately? This week I have read so much. We wake up at 6:30 awe have class all day except for breakfast lunch and dinner until 9:00 at night. Crazy, huh? but it's worth it, because when we have rules and responsibilities God can bless us for obedience. Since you have my scriptures, you can look up D&C 130:20-21. Basically it means when you follow commandments and parents and Bishops and prophets, God can bless you. I know that is true.
The food here is not that good, but it is better than nothing. I wish I could eat lasagna and spaghetti all the time, but I can't. Will you do something for me? Can you try one new food this week? Just one, and you only have to try it. But I know if you can do that God will bless you for obeying Mom and Da. Just try one, then tell me how you feel afterwards. Also please rub Chika's belly for me. Thanks. I love you. Good luck in your swim meet.
Love,
Braden



No comments:

Post a Comment