Monday, November 15, 2010

A Righteous Warrior in Israel


This is Sofia, the girl of a less active member whom we taught and baptised the 7th of November. The Mom (dalia) had been inactive for a long time, but discovered that her life didn´t go very well when she didn´t go to church....who would´ve thought.

The rest are of the Pyramids!!! We went today and they were sooo cool. The land of desolation! They were sooo big, but the stairs were sooo steep.









Ok...now for the questions. We take our laundry to a lavanderia where they do it for us because we don´t have the machines or time to do it on our own. I don´t know if they wonder about garments...I was a little worried the first week, but I´m sure they´ve seen stranger things. About the guitars question, I had a dream last night where I got to play guitar until I couldn´t anymore because my fingers were hurting too bad, it was the best. But then I woke up and realized that it was only a dream. That part wasn´t so awesome. I miss my instruments, I don´t really get to play guitar or piano ever because we always have better things to do, like give people opportunities to make covenants with God that will bless them throughout the eternities, stuff like that. Bugs...there are a ton of grasshoppers here, and people eat them. I haven´t seen any scorpions, but there is an occasional spider, also a lot of earwigs. Sorry my grammar is really bad today. Elder Llanos is a pretty good goalie (portero in Spanish) and we have played basketball once, but that was rare...futbòl is king here in Mexico.

This week was really fast. The time is really weird here, it´s almost Thanksgiving and we only have a month until Christmas!!!! People here don´t celebrate Thanksgiving, so I guess missing Thanksgiving for my jaw was good training. I feel like I was writing my email to you for last week yesterday, but it has been a whole week. This week we had splits with the Zone Leaders Elder Guzman and Elder Hall. Elder Guzman worked with me in Teotihuacan. It was my test. He had to see what kind of progress I had made and what kind of missionary I was. We worked sooo hard that day. I learned a lot. The night before the splits I was really nervous because...well it was a test. I wouldn´t have Elder Llanos to help me out if I got stuck, and Elder Guzman didn´t know the area so it was up to me to get where we needed to go. But God blessed me, everything turned out really well and I learned a ton. The most important thing I learned is that I need to learn a lot more. But God has blessed me a lot, and I feel like I am doing well. We also had to go to immigration this week in DF to sign some papers for my visa...and I got to ride in a subway!! It was really cool. There was so many people I couldn´t move, and don´t worry we didn´t get robbed.

This week we baptised a girl named Saraì. We found her knocking doors, which in and of itself is a miracle. During our first lesson we asked her if she could offer the closing prayer and she broke down in tears in the middle of it! She and her sister Lisbeth were going to be baptised this Sunday. Lisbeth went to visit her Dad, but didn´t make it back in time. We were really dissappointed because Lisbeth was the more valiant of the two, but Saraì went forward with it anyways. It was so awesome. I could feel the Spirit so strongly during her baptismal service. People can be completely clean, a blank slate. All because Christ loves us sooo much. It´s going to work out with Lisbeth, because this week we are going to teach her son, and she wants him to be baptised too. God knows everything, and He has a reason for everything. This week we have 4 people scheduled for baptism!!

Ok, I´m running out of time so I will talk about them more next week.

Melissa, thank you for your email! I loved it . Elder Llanos is pronounced like Elder Yanos. I actually am taller than most of the people here, so I have to watch my head going in and out of houses. Foods that I miss, anything that Mom cooks, like mashed potatoes. Melissa I love you, read your scriptures everyday, say your prayers in the morning and in the night. God will look after you.

Kolby, I love you. Practice your piano and your Spanish. You will make a good missionary if you want to. Get to know the Book of Mormon because that is basically all we use, the Bible is good, but not as good as the Book of Mormon. I pray for you every day and think of you when I see the kids playing soccer in the streets.

Cameron, Happy birthday!! I love you. I feel bad because I wasn´t always the best brother to you, but I love you. You are a precious soul to God, and a very talented person. Don´t let anything get in the way of your preparation for your mission. Read your Book of Mormon everyday, don´t ever miss a day.

Darci and Joe I love you guys too. I pray for your success everyday. Sometimes I feel like I´m not grateful enough for your example. But I love you.

Mom and Dad, in my patriarchal blessing it says that God loves me as much as has been shown by the love of you two. That is true. I love you so much for everything you have done for me. I wasn´t always easy to live with, but I realize now how much I love you and how much I want and need to learn from you.

Sincerely

Your righteous warrior of Israel (I like that title)

Elder Braden Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment