Monday, March 14, 2011

Cambios!

Hello Family!!

This week has been really crazy and really busy and a little bit long. Sorry I didn’t put who the people were in the pictures but I forgot and now there isn’t time. I will have to tell you all about them when I get home in 2 years. I am feeling better, I didn´t really eat anything from Sunday until Friday and the doctor (a miembro here in my new area) told me that it was a stomach infection from the food. But don’t worry because I am better now. No, I have not had bloody noses....which surprised me a little bit. As for Elder Warr, I saw him 3 days after and his nose had a huge band aid...I laughed pretty hard when he told me the story. Since he is a secretary the whole mission knew and everyone was laughing...moral of the story, don’t throw apples at your companion’s face. His nose has since recovered, but I don’t know if his pride will ever come back. (Elder Warr was Braden's companion in the MTC...his companion tossed him an apple and it broke his nose.)

The English class was an interesting experience. We mostly taught vocabulary and conversations. Elder Garcia started it in an attempt to try to find more people to teach, but since the only people that showed up are 7,8,9 and 10 year olds, we didn´t really find much fruit. We (Elder Ramos and I) taught for about an hour every Saturday. The Coke you saw was for Elder Ramos, he gets migraines sometimes and his medicine is really expensive, but Coke works just the same so we use that instead. I do drink pop when people give it to me, but I still prefer water.

Ok, the news that everyone has been waiting for...where did Elder Nelson get transferred to? I am in Pachuca in the state of Hidalgo right now. They called me as the new Zone Leader in Pachuca, we are responsible for 18 missionaries and 2 stakes. If we thought I didn´t really know what I was doing when I was called as district leader and trainer, try tripling that. We have 4 wards here in Pachuca and we live in the ward Nuevo Hidalgo. My companion is Elder Hunt, from Idaho. He has 23 months in the mission and will finish in April. He is really energetic and is really excited about the work and we are getting along really well. He is struggling a little bit because he really loved his old companion, but we are working things out. We speak mostly Spanish, but sometimes English and it is kinda weird to speak English. Pachuca is about 3 hours from the temple, so we didn’t get into the area until about 5 or 6 Tuesday. The next day was the consejo de lideres de zona, in (by) the temple so it was another day of traveling. We have had so many meetings and capacitations that we really haven’t had much time to be missionaries this week. I have never been so tired in my life, but I know that it is what the Lord requires of me.

On Sunday we had 4 wards to go to. 1 is 2 hours away, so we didn’t go to that one, but the others started at 9, 10 and 11. I had the opportunity to give a talk in the third one but forgot until about half hour before. Luckily I´m good at faking things like that. Well, sorry this letter is really short but we´re out of time this week. I love you all so much. Write me all your questions that I didn´t answer and I will answer them this week that is coming. I know that this church is true, I know that the Lord really does require all that we are and that He has a plan for me. He has plans and goals and hopes individually for me and for each of us. Melissa I loved your letter, thank you so much. Cameron thank you so much for your letter also. I´m so glad that you can experience what I get to experience, the joy of the obra misional (missionary work). Keep finding people to baptize. I love you all so much,

Until the next week,

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment