Monday, March 28, 2011

Something Good Everyday

Dear Family

Well, 1 more week has gone by, another week of experience, another week to try to become a better missionary, another week trying to help the zone get better. The churches are nice here in Pachuca, and the grass is actually green. They are a little bit older, kind of the like the Richland Stake Center because Pachuca was one of the first places where the Church really got established here in Hidalgo. I remember basketball yes, but can I play very well, no. The mission gives so many blessings, but physical fitness and skills is not one of them. I’m going to have a lot of work to do when I get home to get back into the kind of shape I was in before I left. Also I think Pachuca is really high up in altitude, I’m not really sure though. Kyle Quigley is coming home? That´s so weird, it seems like he just left. Also weird that Jackson only has 2 months until he hits his year mark. We are not surrounded by volcanoes, those are in Tecamac and Ixtapaluca, we just have a bunch of hills.

As for what I do as a Zone Leader. We go on splits once or twice a week with missionaries in the zone to try to help them get excited and find out what problems and challenges they have and how we can help them. We also give capacitacion (I don’t know if that is how you spell it, or if that is even the right word, but I couldn’t think of anything else because he word in Spanish is capacitaciones) in the district classes to try to help the zone with the different difficulties that they have. I am a lot busier and a lot more tired now, but this is what the Lord wants me to do. We still get to work in our area, but with a lot less time than before. We have to put the example, because if we are not baptizing then how can the zone have confidence in the things that we are teaching them?

Speaking of which we had a miracle this week. The sister of the 1st counselor in the bishopric of Nuevo Hidalgo has come to church for 3 years, and never wanted to be baptized. Tons of missionaries have gone to her house and tried everything they know how to do to baptize her. But she never wanted it. This Sunday in church the bishop told us that she had finally accepted the challenge and is going to be baptized Thursday. This is truly a miracle because we didn’t do anything, we just showed up to church. I know that God hears our prayers because we had been praying really hard for a miracle. We hadn’t baptized since cambios, which is a long time here in the East. We were worried because we weren’t baptizing. I was stressed out because we had been working as hard as we knew how, we were trying to be more organized and more efficient and yet nothing was working. We simply weren’t finding the elegidos. But God heard our prayers, and although we still have a lot of work to do, this takes a lot of stress off of my mind.
Melissa I love you so much, thank you for your letter, I hope that you learn to love the prophets because they will bless your life so much. I think about you a lot and pray for you everyday.

Dad, thank you for your letter. It was inspired because we have to give a capacitation on the Book of Mormon this week and I am going to use your experience. Thank you for your letter, I love you so much and hope to be like you someday.

Mom I love you, I hope you had a good birthday. Tell Grandma Happy Birthday from Mexico. I love her and am praying for her everyday. I love the mission even though there are days and weeks that are really hard, something good happens everyday. Sorry if I sound a little stressed or grumpy sometimes in my letters. I´m not. I´m really happy, but the weight of the work sometimes overwhelms me like my junior year. I just need to relax and be happy, then I will be successful.

Love,
Elder Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment