Monday, May 30, 2011

The Unexpected

Dear Family,

Well, this week didn’t really go that well. We worked really hard, but we just didn’t see that many fruits. Friday and Saturday I got sick. Not anything too bad, just a sore throat and fever. But the fever wasn’t that high only like 99. The only problem was that I just felt super tired. The good news is that I am almost better, I am in the coughing stage so that means it is clearing up. Other than that it was a good week.

It has been really hot here, and hasn’t hardly rained at all. The people here say that we are breaking records for the heat and that it should have already started to rain everyday. I don’t really know because I’ve never been in Pachuca before. It has been about 25-32 degrees everyday and there haven’t been many clouds. But the good part is that means that people are in their houses. Saturday I think was the hottest day of my mission, but really I shouldn’t complain because the weather here in the central part of Mexico is the most temperate. It is really hot in Campeche and Chijuajua.

Also....I have some bad news....I have changes. I was really dumbfounded when the assistants called to tell us the changes and they said my name. At first I though they were joking...but they weren’t. So I’ve been packing up my stuff and getting ready to go tomorrow at 7 in the morning. I kind of excited, kind of disappointed and kind of scared. I like this area and the members, but if the Lord needs me elsewhere then I will go and do. I am going to miss the zone a lot, I love these guys. Pero ya ni modo. Also it is going to be my birthday this week, that is really weird. We are going to tacos tonight with some members to celebrate because I’m not going to be here Wednesday. Wednesday I think I will light my little candle with my little Debbie’s that you sent me to celebrate with my new companion. As you can tell the space bar on this computer doesn’t work very well and it is frustrating me a little bit.

The zone is doing well, we are improving a little by a little every week. We are really trying to get every companionship baptizing every week, and to change their mentality. They have to believe that they are going to be able to do it. They have to believe that they can teach more every week, they have to believe that they are missionaries of success. When they have that change in their mentality, that is when we will explode as a zone. I love my comp, he is a little weird sometimes, and we all have our challenges, but we get along really well, and I am sad to have to leave him after only 6 weeks. If you couldn’t tell I have never had a companion for more than 6 weeks except Elder Warr in the MTC. Maybe my next companion and I will be together for more than 6 weeks.

I’m 20, I’m old, where did the time go? Sometimes I wish I could still go play pingpong baseball with Cameron and Kolby in the backyard of the other hose, even though Cameron just wanted to go read and Kolby just wanted to go play pokemon. It´s is really weird how fast time goes. But that´s life I guess. And I wouldn’t be anywhere else doing anything else. This is the work of the Lord, and even though sometimes it isn´t easy and sometimes we have to go work even when we have a fever, and it is really hot and my nose looks like Rudolph, I wouldn’t trade this for anything. The Lord has miracles in store for us, and is showing them to us everyday. I am just going to forget myself and go to work, and love every minute of it. Saturday when me and my companion had a migraine and I had a fever and it was really hot and I just wanted to go home and sleep we decided to keep working. We decided to work in a fraccionamiento that we had never worked in before and knock a street. The last house, we found 2 families that were waiting for us. One of the dad’s wanted to know what in the world the purpose of our earth life was. And the other one had just separated from his girlfriend of 10 years and was really depressed about it. I felt the spirit strongly, and for that 30 minute period of time I couldn’t feel my fever, and my companion forgot about his migraine. Those are the kind of miracles we see everyday, but it is not always easy.

I will let you know about cambios this week that is coming, where in the world I ended up. I have a feeling that I am going to go to DF, because I have spent my whole mission in the fresa farming towns and haven’t had to be in the big city yet. But who knows.

Love you all so much,

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment