Monday, July 2, 2012

A Burning Witness


Dear Family,                                                                                                                                                                                       July 2, 2012

Sorry for making you hack into my account every week but I figure I might as well send pictures anyways since you can hack in. I sent the picture of me in front of the sign on the new offices. I don`t know exactly what you`re looking for or if you want one of me IN the offices but I still have one more shot to get the pictures so let me know.

This past week was a hard but rewarding week. On Thursday we had my last zone leader council in Aragòn. This was number  17 for me and I have been going to these for so long that I don`t know what I am going to do next month when I`m not invited. At the end of each zone leader council the zone leaders that are going home before the next council have to stand up and bear their testimonies…so this time it was my turn. I have seen so many great missionaries stand and bear powerful witnesses of revealed truth so I was a little nervous. I haven`t been nervous in a really long time and so it was kind of strange to feel that way again. As I stood up the precise words that I wanted came out and I felt the spirit so strongly witnessing to me that the Lord had made all my hopes and dreams come true. Ever since day one my main goal has been to become the missionary that God would have me be and that I would accomplish all that the Lord had prepared for me in the mission. I felt a burning witness that I had become what God had wanted me to become...I obviously have much more to go and I still have 3 weeks left to improve and repent. I am so grateful for a loving God who knows my name, who knows my desires and my interests, who knows my weaknesses and knows my strengths. I will forever be grateful for a God who loves me enough to chasten me and mold me into what He would have me be. I feel like I know and understand Christ better when He said "I came to do the will of Him who sent me."

President Hicken is coming to Tulancingo next Wednesday (the 11th) for interviews and so he will deliver the money in my interview. That is a cool story how everything worked out and I am glad that you got to talk to President Hicken. He is a great man and I love him so much. He has taught me a lot and I am grateful for that. It`s funny because he reminds me a lot of Grandpa. They both did the same thing, they were both successful they both get mad rather quickly if things are not perfect and they are both really wise. Elder Pukahi was a secretary when I was assistant and he now is training a new missionary in the area right next to the offices so I think they do divisions sometimes so that he can help in the offices with the visas. With the delivery of the money on the 11th that will give me one more P-Day afterwards to be able to get a couple of things....by the way what color of hammock do Darci and Joe want? I don`t know if I can get exactly the color they want but I can at least try. I still don`t know where to get one...but I know that God answers prayers and I`m sure that I know somebody that knows where to get one. That is one thing the mission has taught me...if you don`t know where to get it--get to know someone that does. Nothing is truly impossible with a little creativity and improvisation.

I think that the analogy of being a tool in the hands of the Lord is great...but it goes a little deeper than that. In the process of sculpting and changing us God puts us in positions to be able to have influence over certain people. If we don`t listen to the Lord or follow His promptings then we will not have the proper influence or effect necessary to achieve the Lord`s purposes when we are called upon. I am glad that the Spirit (touches people) because while I can say words...the Spirit is the only one that can give feeling and change hearts.

Also so that you know the temple will be open until the end of July so I will be going to the temple on the 20th!! I am so excited for the temple I love it so much and I haven`t gone since December.

Well we have to go pay the rent and print some pictures so that we can start working at 6. I love you all and I am praying for you. Thank you for your prayers and letters and thoughts. My letter from my family is always one of the highlights of my week. Until next week,

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment