Friday, September 3, 2010

You Represent Christ




Dear Family,
Well, time is flying by. I have been here for 6 weeks! Like I said, Elder Holland came to speak to us on Tuesday and it was awesome. He said, "we know how much we ask of you, and we do not apologize. The destiny of God's children is hanging in the balance." And "We can't afford a 15-month mission....every day, every hour, every second is important. Give 100% and don't you dare go home with regrets." But i think my favorite thing he said was, paraphrased, "Why is this so hard (missionary work)? It is hard because salvation is never a cheap experience. It was never easy for Christ, why would it be easy for you? You represent Christ, you have to walk the path He did. The road to Salvation always leads through Gethsemane. Not everyone like Christ. You need to experience what He did so that you can convincingly call yourself a disciple."
He was so good.
I'm starting to get anxious to get out of the MTC but I know that I'm here for a reason and I will leave when I'm supposed to. Mexican visas are not looking good, but we will keep hoping and praying. Monday was the 1st day of school and it was terrible. I wanted to be there. I miss classes and school, but I'm where I need to be, learning what I need to learn.

I love you all,

Braden



Dear Melissa,
Well, today is the 1st day of school for you! That is really exciting, especially because it is your fist day of middle school. You'll have to tell me how it went and what teachers you have. I'm jealous. I love the 1st day of school. Yesterday was the 1st day of school for BYU and I wanted to go sooo badly. School is awesome, sometimes a bit tedious, but I love learning things. I'm a nerd I know, but I love being a nerd. I'm going to offer a little advice for middle school. You don't have to take it but I'm going to give it anyways.

1) Be nice to everyone. That is how you make the good kind of friends. Matt 25:40. It is also your responsibility to be nice to those who need it because of the covenants you made at Baptism.

2) It is ok to get out of your comfort zone to talk and get to know people. Especially in your classes. Just remember me, I have to go up to complete strangers and talk to them about church things...in Spanish.

3) Always to your homework, even when it is hard and you don't want to. Alma 23:6. If we do all we can do, and try as hard as we can, God will take care of us. That is one thing I wish I would have done better. You are smart enough to get a 4.0 if you do your homework.

4) Don't be afraid. Do what you are supposed to and God will take care of you.

Lastly, a scripture for you to read: D&C 30:5-6. Replace Peter with Melissa, and Oliver with Braden. Love you. I know you will do fine in middle school.

Love,
Braden

No comments:

Post a Comment